Wednesday, November 4

Giant Eagle Took My Cereal

So I thought I was super cool a couple of week's ago when I went to Giant Eagle and cleared their shelves out of Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Kix and Golden Grahams. The Giant had it on sale for 4/$4 and then I had $1/off 3 boxes. That's super cheap cereal, right? I loaded my cart to the brink because in our family, cereal does not last long.

As with every grocery trip, after I got home and unloaded all my groceries I spent a good ten minutes gloating over my receipt and analyzing my coupon savings. (I never said I wasn't a nerd.) As I was gloating on this week's savings, I realized I had grabbed the wrong size boxes of cereal and was actually charged between $3 and $4 PER BOX. Seriously?? That's a lot of money I just wasted for crappy sugar filled cereal!!

I loaded up the cereal and took it back to Giant Eagle. I'm sure I was a sight to behold walking into the Giant with bags upon bags of cereal and my 'lil 3-year-old helping me carry it all.

Yes, they will let you return food. I'm not sure how I feel about that. But I have $25 back in my wallet, so for today, that's a good thing.


post signature

No comments: