I love Tastefully Simple. But sometimes (ok, a lot of times lately) I haven't had the extra cash to purchase their awesome products. So, being the frugal lady I am, I found some alternative recipes and thought I'd share them! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do... and guess, what? They taste just as great, are super easy to make, and are a fraction of the price!
12oz beer (not light or corona)
3 C. self rising flour
1/3 C. sugar
3 Tbsp. butter, melted.
1. Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9\" x 5\" loaf pan with baker\'s cooking spray.
2. Combine flour and sugar; stir in beer (you might have to use your hands to get it mixed thoroughly). Dough will be sticky.
3. Pour into prepared loaf pan; brush top with melted butter.
4. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until top is golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from pan and finish cooling.
3 Tbsp. granulated garlic
3 Tbsp. garlic salt
3 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. salt
Mix together and add 16 oz sour cream, along with 1/4 C (4 Tbsp.) mayo.
Nana's Apple Cake
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg or mace
1 tsp. ginger
6 cups peeled, diced tart apples
Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and add to mixture. Stir in apples. Spoon into greased 11 x 13 pan. Bake at 350º for 45-50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
Optional: Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts to recipe at same time as apples.
Optional: Serve with warm caramel sauce and ice cream/whipped cream.
And this seems similar to Carmel Bliss Cheese ball.
Caramel Apple Dip
Yield: 1 Servings
8 oz Cream cheese -- softened
1/4 c Brown sugar
1 ts Vanilla
1/2 ts Caramel Extract
Mix well all ingredients until very smooth and creamy.
Chill and serve with sliced apples.
Ready In: 5 Minutes. Makes 4
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Stir together the cream cheese, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until the sugar has dissolved, and the mixture is smooth.
Oh! And if anyone has the recipe for Spinach and Herb Dip Mix - I'd loooove to have it, or any other TS recipes for that matter!! Thanks!